THE ADVENT SEASON:
Part 2: PEACE
a metaphysical interpretation of Christmas
Faith, Peace, Love, Joy
PEACE – WEEK 2 – PART 1
There are many levels or types of peace: peace in the world, peace in your country, peace in your community, peace in your family. For now, let’s focus on the most important, the most basic peace,
peace within yourself
People call it “prayer,” “meditation,” “the silence.” Basically, it means simply, stop moving, get physically still, clear the mind, and preferably, close the eyes, and breathe deeply and slowly. Regarding “the silence,” Charles Fillmore, founder of Unity, wrote:
“By quieting the mental realm, by passing through the discipline of intellectual silence, you arrive at the very threshold of God’s workshop, the threshold of Being. As you pass into the inner chamber, you find that you are entering the holy of holies where noiselessly, silently a mighty work is always going on….God works in the stillness.”
Be peace in the world. And understand that there can be no peace in your family, your community, your nation, and your world, until there is peace within your heart. It is possible to let go of fear, of hurt, of anger, of frustration.
The first step to that peace within yourself is spending time in the silence.
PEACE – WEEK 2 – PART 2
“Giving Birth to Peace” by Rev. Margo Ford
The peace that we are longing for
In the world and in our hearts
Arises from our thoughts and words—
The only place where it can start.
It’s up to us to hold the vision
Of what can truly come about—
A world of peace, of joy and love
When we release our fear and doubt.
We each must be a vehicle,
A vessel and the fire
That births the universal peace
Which all the world desires.
PEACE – WEEK 2 – PART 3
Want a little more peace in your life? Try this:
- BEGIN your day with a 20-minute period of peace. Call it whatever you like, prayer, meditation, the silence, peaceful moments.
- ARISE a little earlier than usual. You can read inspirational stuff or focus on a positive statement like “I walk in the light of God and all is well.” Try listening to some quiet music. Stay in a private area where you will not be disturbed.
- FOCUS ON YOUR BREATHING, just like you were doing some exercise like squats, pushups, situps, lunges. Breathing IS an exercise. You will be amazed at how good it feels to breathe deeply for 20 minutes…..Then…..
- CHECK IN every hour throughout the day. Set your watch to alert you and in that moment, do the same thing for just 30 seconds…if every hour is too much, then set the alarm for two or three hours. Just make an effort to “check in” regularly. Don’t let the whole day pass without tapping your inner presence.
- TO LEARN MORE, use this link or search, “the golden key” by Emmett Fox.